Instructions for Returning Volunteer/Employee
Returning Individuals are required to reactivate their compliance account by completing the Online Background Check Application.
Contact your Child Protection Liaison at the parish/school where you will be providing service.
Information you will need to Collect Before Starting the Application Online
- You will need your Username
- *Don’t know your username*
- Send an Email to email@example.com
- Email must include: your full name, last 4 digits of social or date of birth, and the name of the location where you will be working or volunteering for.
- You will need one of the following: Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Passport #, Social Security # or ITIN
- 15 Years Residence History: Must provide address history
- Family Information: List full legal names and date of births
- Spouse information, previous marriages, children including foster children, stepchildren, adult children, and those not living with you
- Criminal History Information (i.e., charges/convictions, jurisdiction, approximate date)
- 5 Years of Employment History: Provide the last 5 years of Employment History. If you were a student or homemaker, information should be included.
Ready to Visit the Online Application Website:
1. Begin by selecting the link below and Sign In on the left-hand side. Do not create a new account!
2.Select: Employee or Volunteer
3. Login on the Left-Hand Side. Do not create a new Account!
4. Sign in and complete each section of the application by selecting “edit”.
5. After submitting your application, please sign forms on DocuSign
*Recognized Mistakes on DocuSign Need Help-
What to expect after the Liaison Approving DocuSign?
- National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) Background Check will take place!
- Contact the Child Protection Liaison for an update on your results and when you may begin working or volunteering.
- Results are posted and provided to the Liaison within 2-7 Business Days.
- Did you receive an NCSI Identity Verification Email?
- NCSI on occasion may need to verify additional information to successfully run a background check.
- You have 30 days to respond to NCSI by email or their toll-free number.
- NCSI Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCSI Phone #: 1-866-996-7412
- Previous Compliance Items Completed will not be required to reactivate your account!
- You will not need to retake VIRTUS training.
- Transfer VIRTUS training from another Diocese to the Diocese of Arlington:
- Contact the VIRTUS help desk via phone at (888) 847-8870 or email email@example.com to request that your account be transferred.
Central Registry Form (CPS Form)
- You will not be required to resubmit another CPS form.
Employee Fingerprint CheckYou will not be required to resubmit another Employee Fingerprint